Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snowflake Cards

I used Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Pendant DC to make some snowflakes!!! It's really a square, but by using 2 DC's and turning one a quarter turn, it turns it into a snowflake. Just gorgeous, if I say so myself.

I have 2 cards to share with you today, so don't forget to scroll down and take a lookie at the other card.

CARD 1

Card Size: 5" x 5"


Here's a close-up of the shimmery-ness (yup, just made a new word) of the card.

Ignore the fold lines.....but this is how you would glue the 2 DC's together.

I used the Burnished Velvet Technique for the base of the card.
  • To summarize the Technique very quickly, you use Sookwang double-sided tape (it comes in rolls, and per sheet), and micro fine glitter, (like Crystal Glitter Ritz by In the Making Enterprises), place your tape where you want and cover with glitter, rub it all over, tap off the excess, and voila you have glittery card.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Outdoor Denim & White Daisy, Foam Squares, Blue Rhinestones, Satin Ribbon, Sookwang Tape, Crystal Glitter Ritz-Cool Highlight

Card 2

The DC comes with the option to leave the center of the pendant solid, or cut out. On the first card, I opted to cut it out, turn the center a quarter turn, and attach it to the top layer on my snowflake.

On the the second card, I did not cut it out, and it's still just as pretty. I also used pearls instead of rhinestones to dress it up.

Card Size: 5" x 7"


Here's a close-up of the detail on the 'flake.
Recipe: CTMH CS-Outdoor Denim & White Daisy, Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Pendant DC & Fancy Tags, Foam Squares, Pearls

Enjoy,
Deneen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are just absolutely beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails