Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1955 GMC Truck, for the Guys!

Welcome here!! This card has a looonnngggg history, which I'll try to make short:) I saw THIS card on Vicki's blog back in January, but I didn't have the same stamp set, so I put the idea on the backburner ('Cause ya know, guy cards are hard to come by). In April, I saw this GMC Truck at the LSS, but wasn't sure if I would use it. Well, when I finally decide I NEEDED it, it was gone!! In the meantime the LSS had a Garage Sale in July and I found this paper...with this card in mind. The truck came in shortly after, and VOILA!!! I finally finished my card that began in January. Phew, what a trip, but definitely worth the wait.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
The paper is a deeper red IRL, not sure why it looks a little washed out. I coloured the truck with Copics, and added CTMH Liquid Glass to the windshield and headlights. I used Aluminum Duct Tape for the 'metal' piece (sent through the Cuttlebug with the Diamond Plate EF). I finished the card off by silver embossing 'Celebrate'.
.
Here's the Aluminum Duct Tape (found at the hardware store) being shiny. I found if I attached the Duct Tape to CS, and then sent it through the Cuttlebug, it holds it shape better, than if you just sent the Duct Tape through the Cuttlebug on its own.
.
Here's what a roll looks like, if you haven't seen it before. It already has adhesive on it, you just peel off the backing and stick it where you want.
.

.
Recipe: Patterned Paper-?, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Black & Garnet, CTMH Ink-Black, CTMH SS-Say It In Style, Cornish Heritage Farms-1955 GMC Truck, VersaMark, Silver EP, Cuttlebug Diamond Plate EF, Aluminum Duct Tape, Rhinestones, Brads, Foam Squares, Liquid Glass, Copic Spica-Clear, Copics-R27, R46, W3, W5, W7, C00, C3, BG0000, O.
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails