Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another Bendy Fold Card!

Hello and welcome here! After I made my Nativity Bendy Fold Card, I wanted to make one with Butterflies. I posted Instructions on how to make one HERE, just scroll towards the bottom of the post. For those coming to The Scrapbook Cottage's Creative Gathering, this is one of the cards I am teaching!!

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


It's a happy butterfly day! I punched out the smaller butterflies with my various Martha Stewart punches from white CS, then I sponged daubed Antique Linen to soften the white...I didn't use cream CS because I didn't want a 'flat' look to my butterflies or clouds.



I used Martha Stewart's Vintage Floral Border punch along the top of the flaps that open. It adds a bit of softness to the card. I sponged daubed Distress Inks Tea Dye along the edges of the card sections to give it a finished look. I used the Vintage Floral Corner punch at the top of the middle section to tie it all in.



Here is the card with the smaller flap open. I didn't add a thing to the back of the flap except the Tea Dye ink around the edges.



With both flaps open. I made a 'hill' out of cream CS and Paper Trey Ink Edgers #2 Die, it's also the perfect spot to write your message.



This is the back of the card with both flaps open. I added a fence with Martha Stewart's Garden Trellis punch, and added flowers with Martha Stewart's Hydrangea Punch. Hmmmm, I'm beginning to see a pattern here, lol, I should call this a Martha Stewart card for all the punches I used on it:)



Here's a closer view of the middle section on the back of the card. I added Platinum Stickles to the middle of the flowers.



For the big butterfly I used Spellbinder's Wonderful Wings die. I cut the shadow piece from vellum that was covered with Sookwang tape. I then removed the backing on the adhesive and placed my cream CS inked with Antique Linen butterfly on top of the adhesive. I then added Glitter Ritz Warm Highlights to the exposed adhesive. Glitter Ritz is a micro fine glitter.


Recipe: Patterned Paper-My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Mabel "Love" Letters, CTMH CS-White Daisy & Colonial White, CTMH SS-SAy It In Style, CTMH Ink-Black, Distress Ink-Tea Dye & Antique Linen, Nestabilities-Wonderful Wings, Martha Stewart-Vintage Floral Corner & Border Punch, Garden Trellis, Small Butterflies, Medium Monarch Butterfly & Hydrangea, Paper Trey Ink-Edger's #2 Die & Clouds, Vellum, Glitter Ritz-Warm Highlights, Cream Pearls, Pink Pearls, Mint Grosgrain Ribbon, Platinum Stickles, Foam Squares, Sookwang Adhesive.


Challenges Entered:
Ooh La La Creations - Challenge #88 Anniversary
Paper Play Challenges - Punches & Dies
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Things with Wings
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 182 Anything Goes


Thanks so much for stopping by,

Deneen

7 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Had to pop over from my google reader to tell you that this is beautiful Deneen!

Céline said...

so gorgeous project!
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline PPC DT

Jill said...

wow this is stunning Dennen and so different thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing at Paper Play this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh La lala!! I want make one of these!! for sure! :)

Yogi said...

very nice card. love the shape of it and all the "Martha" punches big grin.

PS Glitter Ritz also have ultra fine glitter not only micro fine.

Sue said...

Stunning card and trhanks for the instructions Luv Sue x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails