Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fast, Quick, Fairly Clean and Simple Christmas Cards

Hello and welcome here.  It's a bit of a quiet week for me Design Team wise, but I am feverishly preparing for the annual Craft Show in town.  I thought I would share some of my $1 Christmas cards.  I chose to focus on this type of Christmas card for the Craft Show because people tend to send out lots of cards and are searching for a deal.  As you will see my cards still look classy and interesting for $1 (I think??).  They differ from what I usually make and therefore I can make them for less because I don't add layers with foam squares, use fewer embellishments, and tend to use little or no patterned paper (or I am able to get 6 pieces from a 12x12 sheet).  I watch out for cardstock sales during the year and stock up on reds, greens, and blues. I make 10 of each style (they're easier to count when I'm done, lol), and I also stamp a sentiment on the inside.

Most of the ideas for my cards came from Pinterest...so a big THANKS to you who have shared your cards, you gave me lots of inspiration.  I briefly added what patterned paper, die, embossing folder etc. that I used (part of being able to offer them for $1 is that I don't take the time to write anything down, I can get more done that way).

Card Sizes:  4.25" x 5.5"
 Heartfelt Creations Die, BoBunny Powder Mountain Patterned Paper

 Memory Box Country Landscape Die, CTMH Wonderland Patterned Paper

Memory Box Birch Trio Die, Imaginisce Colours of Christmas Patterned Paper

Memory Box Snowflake Die, BoBunny Powder Mountain Patterned Paper

 Impression Obsession Die, Memory Box Bird, CTMH Aspen Patterned Paper, Tiffany Embossing Folder

 BoBunny Silver & Gold Patterned Paper

 Memory Box Village Lamp Post Die, Martha Stewart Branch Punch

Memory Box Small Madison Window Die, Recollections Poinsettias

Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch

We R Memories Washi Tape 6x6 Sheets

 Cuttlebug Heritage Embossing Folder, Memory Box Glowing Candles Die

 Cuttlebug Heritage Embossing Folder, Memory Box Glowing Candles Die

This doesn't look like it but there are 189 Christmas cards in the box!!  Some were left over from last year, and I made all the ones I posted above for this year.  I display them in about 4 baskets.

Enjoy,
Deneen

2 comments:

Sam K said...

Wow what a lot of cards! And all the ones you have posted are beautiful. I really like them all, especially the one with the little silouhette houses etc. I really do need to get my skates on and get some done!
x
Little Pear Tree

Anonymous said...

AWESOME job hunny! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails